Hutchinson Public Library provides materials via Interlibrary Loan services for items that are not in our collection. We will attempt to borrow items located within the lower 48 states. Photocopies can be requested from libraries anywhere in the world following copyright compliance. Requests may take anywhere from 1 to 4 weeks to arrive, depending upon the location and availability of the item.
Patron requests can be made:
- In-person at any of the services desks
- Via email at email@example.com
- Telephone (620-663-5441) ext 137
Library accounts need to be in good standing in order to check-out items from the library:
- Persons who do not have a current Hutchinson Public Library card or an account in good standing will be allowed to order books for use only in the library under supervision.
- Photocopies can be requested and supplied without a checkout process.
Requests are limited to 5 items per week:
- Books of the same series are limited to 2 per week
- DVD Collections are limited to 1 season per week per title.
What you need to know About InterLibrary Loan:
- We cannot be held responsible for items that are held up by lending libraries.
- We do not borrow items that we own except for approved book clubs.
- Items must be at least 6 months old for books and 1 year for movies. Otherwise a Purchase Request will be submitted for our collection.
- Borrowing a different format of an item we own is acceptable.
- All ILL items must be returned to a staff member at a service desk. Please DO NOT place them in the self-return or outdoor book drop.
- All paperwork and bookstraps accompanying an item at checkout must be returned with the item. Failure to return bookstraps and paperwork will result in a $3.00 fee being added to the borrower’s account.
- Patrons are responsible to pay for lost or damaged ILL items. The cost is determined by the lending library, not Hutchinson Public Library. The patron’s account will be charged accordingly.
- ILL service may be suspended or removed for patrons who fail to comply with the policy.