|Dave McKane Dusk Photography Masterclass||
ABOUT THE MASTER CLASS: Dave McKane is the principal of the Institute of Photography in Dublin, Ireland. He has been shooting night and dusk photography for the last 20 years. Like many people, he started out shooting cityscapes at nighttime, and then he discovered the magic of the 'Blue Moment', that special time after sunset when cameras record an iridescent blue in the sky.
TOPICS COVERED: During this unique Masterclass you will learn key elements of dusk/night photography including how to:
• Research and identify great locations
• Calculating when the 'Blue Moment' will occur
• Take control of the key camera settings for dusk and night photography to ensure the sharpest shots possible
• Use light trails to add an extra something to your shots
• Use and manipulate Raw files for the best control over exposure and white balance
• Use of masks and layers in Photoshop/Elements to bring out all the important detail in your shots
• Sharpening techniques for printing your shots
DURATION: The class will meet in the Hutchinson Public Library auditorium, start at 6.30pm and finish just after 7.45pm. The field trip will last approximately 45 minutes and will begin at 8.15pm.
BLUE MOMENT FIELD TRIP: Attendees are welcome to join a special shoot held immediately after the Masterclass, in downtown Hutchinson at the Fox Theatre. On this shoot all Masterclass attendees will receive special instruction as to how to squeeze the best out of the scene.
EQUIPMENT NEEDED: Any kind of digital camera is suitable for this field trip, please be sure it is fully charged. A tripod is vital and a cable or remote release would be helpful, particularly if trying to capture light trails.
Phone620-663-5441 ext 132
Registrations are now closed
Call us: 620-663-5441
|HPL Management Meeting|
Wed Dec 11 @ 9:00AM - 10:30AM
|CANCELLED - National Labor Relations Board|
Wed Dec 11 @ 9:00AM - 7:00PM
Thu Dec 12 @ 3:00PM - 5:00PM
We know what we THINK the public wants from the library - an inviting place...
Actually, thank Steve! I feel like I can breathe again - the new WiFi system...
You know, where you just feel leaden, you are treading water, but just barely? Well,...